We draw the clinical practice from the growing research regarding the benefits of integrating native English speakers with English learning individuals, from the field of education. The clinical results benefit both English and Spanish speaking clients.
Translating the research from schools to clinical practice:
- -A better sense of relatedness with others across cultures and national origins
- -Promotes critical thinking skills and the ability to understand complex patterns, essential in work around parenting, school related challenges, coupling and relationship issues, and domestic violence
- -To have a greater capacity for listening and understanding
- -To be part of a shared community where power and privilege are redefined based on interconnected healing and support
- -To increase the equity and accessibility of social capital through an alternative clinical framework that does not perpetuate the marginalization of Spanish speaking clients http://windom.mpls.k12.mn.us/benefits_of_spanish_dual_immersion) http://empowercharter.org/what-does-the-research-say-about-dual-languageimmersion/