- Dismantling white supremacist institutions and policies
- Imagining and installing human rights policies for education & environmental racism
- Challenging Christianity's dark history of white supremacy
- Creating and expanding new spaces for health and mental health healing
- Linking policies of mass incarceration to the segregation and decimation of black and brown communities
Rhea V. Almeida
Rhea V. Almeida, MS, Ph.D., founder of Institute for Family Services, is a family therapist, trainer and educator. Creator of a Liberation Based Healing Perspective in family therapy, Dr. Almeida is the author of numerous journal articles and three books: Expansions of Feminist Theory Through Diversity, Transformations in Gender and Race: Family and Developmental Perspectives and co-author of Transformative Family Therapy: Just Families in a Just Society. She serves on the boards of several peer review journals and is acknowledged internationally and nationally for her work on Intersectionality - in therapeutic and policy practices. She is a co-founder of the national Liberation Based Healing Conference currently in its 14th year!
In 2005 she received the American Family Therapy Academy Distinguished Award for Innovative Contributions to Family Therapy. She has been profiled in the Los Angeles Times, NPR, CNN and Pure Oxygen. Her recent book Liberation Based Practices, came out April 2019, available on Amazon!